Information to Share With Candidates
OPRESCAS is not just a tool to accept applications, but also a great way to share relevant information with candidates. Based upon a survey of residency directors and past residency program candidates, the Top 10 pieces of information requested are:
- What patient populations does the facility serve?
- Does the clinic offer any learning opportunities that make it unique from other residency programs?
- What is the residency program’s approach to training?
- How many locations or clinical settings do residents have the opportunity to gain exposure to?
- Do residents have the opportunity to participate in fabrication or a more technically oriented rotation?
- How many mentors does the residency program have?
- What qualities does the residency program seek in a strong candidate?
- Do residents have the opportunity to stay on for the opposite discipline if pursuing a 12 month orthotic or 12 month prosthetic residency?
- What is the timeline for contacting candidates and when will positions be offered to the individuals chosen for the position?
- What is the name, title, and email address of the person who is best able to provide information about the program not already provided?